Research Ambassadors for Community Health (ReACH) Program
We need YOUR help! Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation (DSLRF) believes that it is critical for all women to be represented in breast cancer research. This is the only way we will truly learn more about this disease. We need you to work alongside us to increase diversity in our programs. By reaching out to the communities and spreading the word about the importance of research and research participation, you will not only change the face of our programs but, ultimately, the overall breast cancer research landscape. ReACH focuses on increasing awareness and participation in research studies in minority communities. You are the key and you have the knowledge of how to engage diverse communities in breast cancer research. The role of the Research Ambassador is to serve as a community liaison, supporting the mission and activities of Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation and creating awareness about participating in breast cancer research. With your help, Research Ambassadors for Community Health (ReACH) will address the lack of diversity in research studies.
Interested in becoming a Research Ambassador? Here is what we are looking for in an Ambassador:
1. Have lived in the Los Angeles area for at least 3 years
2. Identify as African-American, Hispanic / Latina, Asian American, Native American/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
3. Willing to commit to monthly meetings at a central LA location, or by phone
4. Willing to commit to the ReACH program for 6 months
5. Excited to provide insight into your community about how we can work together to get residents more engaged in research
6. Willing to attend events in your community to spread the word about research programs at DSLRF
Here is what we will provide:
1. Educational sessions and materials on breast cancer statistics, broken down by race/ethnicity
2. Educational sessions and materials on why research is important
3. Information about Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation and our mission, links to resources, access to the Foundation Facebook page and newsletter
4. An opportunity to join the Army of Women® and Health of Women Study™
We are very excited to be launching this program and look forward to working with you. Please complete our short application by February, 13th 2015.
If you have any questions please contact Amaka Obidegwu, program coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 310-828-0060 ext 30.